WeedNoMore: Evidently, I was revising my previous post as you were submitting your comments.

Your exposure concerns are valid, and your practice of actually reading the product's label should be commended (most DIYers fail that responsibility).

With Cutrine Plus (as with most herbicide & algaecides), I would certainly encourage the use of eye-protection. Although diluted products are generally far less hazardous than the undiluted concentrate, it only makes sense to do whatever is appropriate to minimize one's exposure.

I make it a practice to always wear a long-sleeved shirt and pants in order to minimize exposed skin (as much for sun protection as for herbicide protection). Other than that - and greatly depending on the specific product being applied - I usually wear rubber gloves and eye protection. However, the hazards associated with working in the Gulf Coast climate can sometimes exceed the risks that are tied to nominal herbicide-mix exposure (in my opinion). One can fully protect themself with non-essential PPE and end up visiting the hospital due to heat stroke.

Basically: Read,understand & follow the label for any given herbicide or algaecide that will be utilized; but also apply a healthy dose of common sense and good hygene habits. Protect your eyes! They are probably the most vulnerable site for exposure-issues to occur. If a skin-exposure occurs, wash thoroughly with soap and water immediately - not later.

By and large, I don't see herbicides as being the "poisons" that most people perceive - and certainly no more so than coffee, asparin, nicotine, mushrooms, spinach, fluorine (check your toothpaste), or a variety of other products that we willingly ingest on a daily basis. As with any substance that represents "risk", the actual level of hazard is greatly determined by the manner in which it is utilized.