I'm considering digging a 0.2 acre pond this fall, hesitant about spending the dough. My last 3 dirt work projects turned out badly, a waste of money. Tried to get this last guy to level out 15' before the house. He wanted me to install rain gutters and said he'd have to refinish the surface and it'd cost me. After 2X's, at $350 a pop, I had to get up in middle of the night, grab a shovel, get out in the rain and try to channel the small streams away from the foundation. At church a friend told me, "Hey you know you've got an erosion problem in front of your house?" I rented a skid loader half a day, along with 6hrs on a shovel, fixed his overly simple attempt at finishing the dirt around our house. I discussed digging this pond with a previous dozer guy. We agreed on test holes and probably digging in January. I stepped the concept off and drew and redrew plans. Got busy in December but had time to redraw neat plans the week before Christmas. Well, about then I got the call and he said, " Yurpond's holding water, that'll be $2600. It was the 2 of them vs the 1 of me. Since I can build over the frog pond he dug, I let it go. If I had all the money wasted on other folks doing dirt work, I'd have plenty to get this pond done proper.

Last edited by SoSauty; 09/10/13 08:30 PM.

Self-educated rednecks, the real intelligentsia.