Dave:

Thanks!

I lived in Oceanside from '87 to '97, and I hear ya. I wouldn't mind moving back there, but the firearm climate just won't allow it. I belonged to San Clemente Gun Club, and the Escondido Gun Club - and did rangemaster duty at both, but more at Escondido. I shot clays in Lakeside, Miramar (calling for a bird and swinging thru an F14 with the shotgun as it took off from the airstrip was a trip!), Anza, Rahaugees (Norco, Ca), Pachmayr (El Monte), all the way up to Tehachapi, where we trained Springer Spaniels. Pheasant hunting near the border one day, my dog had to cross the canal into Mexico to retrieve a shot rooster. A buddy and I would go to Phoenix once a month to shoot for a trainer over there.

I wonder how many of those gun clubs are now closed?

Anywhoo, I think that the LMB will continue to work on the BH, but if you want a trap, look into a Fyke Net. I've caught 100's of BH in them. I like the modified Fyke net, which has rectangular hoop(s) that transition to a round hoop. They won't roll around on a tapered pond bottom. You won't catch LMB in them, but just about everything else will swim into one.

You're right, Texas is looking better and better. I just wish that the state would do something about their Spring/Summer/Fall triple digit temps! wink grin

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).