What a summer!

We had our annual end-of-summer fish-fry today, with about 35 friends and family aged from 9 to about 80.

It has been a fantastic friends and fishing summer.

Being part of the Pond Boss trip to Richmond Mill in June -- explainable.

Many other fishing and friend gatherings -- invaluable.

And today ...

I'm not sure how many catfish gave the ultimate sacrifice for today's gathering. It included a lot of fun Friday and Saturday nights at the main pond, especially with the teenage grandkids and their friends.

I only know that last night I put 12 lbs., of thawed CC chunks, mostly all cut into pieces somewhat bigger than a McNugget, into two quarts of buttermilk. They got dry-coated in one of my secret recipes, beer battered, and deep-fried to perfection by friends tending two pots. The CC nuggets got inhaled in record time.

Also consumed were 8 lbs., of venison sausage and pastrami that was smoked yesterday, along with at least a gallon of fermented cucumbers, peppers, and cabbage from the garden that had been watered from the pond.

Especially the kids, but some of the adults also, sure enjoyed the relatively new HBG/CC pond. The 16-18 month old fish are not quite ready for harvest, but with a catch almost every 30 seconds, it sure makes for some fun for guests. The paddle boat and one of the canoes got a lot of use by the pre-teens and teens on the older pond.

It has been a great summer. Being a Pond Boss sure is enjoyable.

Happy Labor Day to all.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!