Need advice guys. I own a place that used to be a peanut farm years ago. It was irragated from a 10 acre pond +-, it has three App. 1 acre ponds that but up to it. Basicly they built three ponds on draws leading to the big pond. It looks like they would siphon the smaller ponds into the larger one as there is several 2" plastic lines still ran over the dams.
The big pond dam busted in 2008 the year I bought it and I have talked with Mike Otto about repairing the big dam right when I am ready money and all. My plan is to clean out all three smaller ponds and turn them into forage ponds. My first thought was to install a through pipe drain with a valve and just open it up drain water fish and all into larger pond. Problem is I think I would have to drain the pond all the way to get the fish out as when I have had other stck pond dams dug out the fish seem to swim against the current until the last before they go out the dam. I have read a little about fyke nets on here. Do you guys think I could catch enough with those to make it worth while with out becoming too big of a job. I have a couple pond small ponds that I raise shiners in just for my own use and have found them easy to raise. thought I would put shiners in one, fatheads in one and BG in one. Any thoughts?
Dale