Scott, I had a fixed value but was paid based on replacement value. The problem is that replacement value is subjective. What is the replacement value of an adult ridden vs a kid ridden one? Mine were well maintained with relatively low hours.

The adjuster called my local Yamaha dealer who valued a 2000 model, 400 cc, 4 wheeler at $1,700 to $1,900. Of course, if they got one in good condition, they would ask more for it.

That insurance company has a lot of, but not all of, my business. That involves 2 rental properties, my trailer house on the property and all of my farm equipment. I know the Agent and have dealt with the Adjuster before. Both are good guys. On a previous theft, I posted a reward in the local shopper newspaper and got both the stolen 4 wheeler and tandem axle back without them having to pay a claim. The Adjuster hasn't forgotten that and I believe he cut me a little slack.

I believe I need to review all of the stuff I have insured.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 08/06/13 05:45 AM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP