I agree with Omaha that 3 walleye even 24"+ ones will not outcompete the LMB and eliminate or dramatically impact the fishery. However the walleye might eat some of the fingerling and yearling LMB and perch. I think something else is going on in this pond. A 15 yr old pond is at a point in its fishery life where fish imbalance very often occurs due to improper management. Also maybe LMB are getting hook smart which is a common occurrence especially if some of the LMB recruitment has been hampered by a 2nd predator (WE). If LMB are essentially gone there should be scads of small fish 1"-3" around the edges which indicates lack of smaller LMB (6"-8"). The 3 big walleye will not focus on eating small BCP, YP BG until the favored prey is eliminated or scace.

I would not waste my money on depending on electroshocking to remove walleye. Electroshocking works well in shallow water and walleye often inhabit deeper water when in ponds especially if there is a noisy electroshock boat on the surface. My money is on the fact that not all three walleye survived transplanting - maybe 1 or 2 survived at best. Been there tried that. Large adult walleye do not transport well depending on the skill of the transporter.
I would take a bucket of FHM to the pond and use them for bait. I will bet the angling success changes.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 07/11/13 04:52 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management