I have a friend who has a well stocked 1 acre pond in North East Pennsylvania which had a nice population of large mouth bass, bluegills, crappie, and yellow perch. Then along came a generous friend and offered him 3 large walleyes (over 24" in size) for his pond. That was 2 years ago, this is the third summer with them in the pond.

The walleye moved right into the new role of top dog in the pond and since then he cannot catch anything, the walleye have done a number on his fish population to the point where he can't catch anything. He can't catch the walleye either, apparently they have more to eat in the pond so his lures don't seem to matter.

I told him the only sure way he could catch the walleye was by electrofishing the pond, although if they have established themselves and are breeding it complicates things a bit. Are there any other options, like a gotta eat it walleye lure? I have no idea what the electrofishing method would cost him but he would like to try other options first, he seems skeptical that his fish would ever wake up after being electroshocked, although he wouldn't care if the walleye didn't recover.

Last edited by PaPond; 07/11/13 01:16 PM.

[Linked Image from img.whynotgif.com]
[Linked Image from i68.photobucket.com]