FirelsHot... Obviously this is a big concern for me.. I took the time to speak with all of the adjacent neighbors (some of which have been resident for 30+ years) on their experiences with the flood waters.. I then took that information and had a great conversation with one of the county superintendants that deal with roads and ditches.. He knew the area well and indicated that it is extremely rare (he has never seen it happen) that the flood waters rise enough to cover the road surfaces in the imeadiate area, which aligned with what I was told by the neighbors.. So I built my levees ~12" higher than the road surface..

My only real concern at this point is intrusion / escape through the overflow pipes, which I am hoping to manage in large part with some type of screen over the end of the pipes themselves. I want a screen with a big enough mesh that it doesnt clog with fine floating debris, but is weak enough structurally to collapse and be displaced if if does become clogged and develop even the slightest of head..

JT

Last edited by JTodd; 07/10/13 11:12 AM.