Ryan thanks for the idea and experience you have had. I did get a group of fathead feeder minnows for my pond from a fellow about 3/4 of an hour north that all he dose is trout.

He has this very nice mule called a tiger trout. Cross between a brown and brook. Most beautiful fish I have ever seen in my life.

Some updated history on my pond. This winter every single panfish has died. Not one made it the first winter. I am so confident that I have placed a $100 bounty on anyone caught in my pond. My three boys have been working the pond hard all spring but nothing but perch.

I have a great deal amount of emerald shiners, bluntnose shiners, fathead, and paper shell crayfish. There may be a few golden shiners mixed in with the first batch of emerald shiners.

So far so good. My goal was a very viable perch pond and swimming hole for the kids. Right now everything is going as plan. I would like to be the alpha predator for a while and when I get tired of that 5 or 6 walleye will be my go too fish first. It is very nice to know that there are other options out there very local.

I know from fishing in the rivers around here that the brown are very shy and easy to spook, but I think walleye are as well.

Aerator and feeder are all set up running great. Perch are growing like I would have never expected. I had no idea that fish grow so fast like 1:1 feed to growth. My current decision is should I stock some yearling perch say 100 3"ers and again next spring so there is no breaks in the spawning years. The perch in my pond now will spawn next spring for sure but didn't this year. Maybe it is the engineer in me over thinking and analyzing everything.

Cheers Don.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.