Hey guys this is my first time posting here but I have been trying to obtain some of the great information that is posted here about ponds. The reason I am here is because hopefully in the next month I will begin digging a pond. To start off I'd like to say what I have planned now and hopefully y'all would agree or point me in the right direction. I live in south central Louisiana and I want to dig a 100x200 pond. As of now Im thinking of digging it so that the front of the pond is an area 100x30 and 5' deep then dropping down to 10' deep then on the back section of the pond coming back up to 5' deep for the same 100x30 area. On the 5 foot deep sections I would like to put pea gravel for spawning purposes. I contacted Dunns fish farm to see what I should stock it with and this is what they told me:50 Bass,50 Black Crappie,150 Coppernose Bluegill,100 Hybrid Bluegill,
100 Redear Bream, and 5 Pounds of fathead Minnows. I have also been research fish structures to put into the pond. Tell me what y'all think and any help is greatly appreciated.