The google Earth image is great, really helps to visualize the situation. Few thoughts....

The drainage you have the proposed pond in is really steep. I would be very concerned about a dam blowout, which looks like it would do some real damage to your road and maybe house. The amount of earthmoving needed would be enormous, and still I would be very concerned about a heavy rain event.

The bedrock problem could be mitigated with a liner. If thats what you need, then thats what you need. Not a huge problem, adds some cost, but also gives you some certainty about water holding, especially in dry times.

Looking at the site, and reading your objectives, my thought is to install a diversion in the drainage at about the location of your proposed pond. Then run a ditch on contour to move the water to the East, along the hillside. Locate your pond in the small uppermost portion of your field, fairly close to your east property line.

Reasons for this is that if (when) you do have a blowout in the drainage, it would be much easier to repair a diversion than a pond. You could bring the water on contour around the hillside creating habitat. Your pond would still be much higher than the majority of your fields, so still useful for irrigation. That field still has a really steep slope, so you are going to need to move a TON of dirt to get a good sized pond there. Your dam will be enormous. Consider restrictions on maximum dam height before needing special permits, because you will likely be pushing those limits.

Definitely get a well respected local with hundreds of successful ponds to come out to your site. This wont be an easy job, but it still may be feasable. Good luck!