Now being under-employed for over a year, I have had time to self-reflect and learn about myself and my inner characteristics. I am lazy, cheap and an idiot. Of course all of you realized that from my first posts but again, being an idiot it took me longer to see it. Now that I know and accept who I am, I am at peace with the world and can build and design my pond and surroundings to suit me.

The fish pond is narrow and long so no boat is needed to fish (save money - cheap).
Piers were built to extend over the water (no docks, floating or removal needed - lazy)

captain's chair can be positioned off of pier for wildlife watching or installed onto pier for fishing. It even swivels (idiot)

In my free time at home building my son a tree house/club house though my wife tends to call it my room. Not sure what she means - idiot.

I decided I needed a small pond at the house so I dug this out by hand, well I occassionally used a shovel. It is 15 feet by 10 feet 4 feet deep with 2 man-made streams re-circulating the water from the 150 gallon stock tank. I will put in a liner and hopefully raise hybrid bluegills for dinner. Small ones in the 150 gallon stock tank, larger in the pond. I figure in the fall, pull out the larger ones, move small to pond and re-stock stock tank.

chicken coop and run in the back.

Let's just say my wife is a very forgiving.

13 acres,
5 ponds 1 still working
FHM, Shiners, CC, SMB, WE, Yellow Perch
living the dream

Can't have everything...where would you put it?