I am still very early in the planning stages for our pond, but I can't stop going over and over what I might do with it. I'm estimating we will be in the 6 acre size range with a max depth around 22 feet and the pond is spring fed from at least 3 springs.

Forage fish is pretty easy. GSH and FHMs are being raised in a very small forage pond for the large pond.

I'd like to stock a minimal number of catfish just not sure which flavor.

For eating fish I'm looking at BG, YP and 'maybe' Talapia.

Now all I need is an apex predator. I don't really eat LMB so I'm looking t SMB (a lot of fun to catch) or HSB (no worries about over population).

For the really fun part, instead of either of these apex predators I's much rather try to raise Sauger or Walleye. We have sauger in the river near here so I know that they can thrive, but trying to find sauger fingerlings is apparently near impossible. I'd be forced to enter them in to the witness protection program and provide them with new identities and a new place to live.. Or I can work on getting walleye delivered here somehow.

The plan is to start with the BG and YP and give them a real head start on the predators. Maybe even a full year. If I can find sauger or walleye somewhat locally, maybe longer.

So many options, so much confusion.