Originally Posted By: catmandoo
Todd

To the best of my knowledge, you can disconnect the fuel pump without a problem. On older diesels, not getting fuels to the injectors would require you to bleed the injectors. The newer ones have protection for this. Thus, you could add a hidden weather resistant switch in the fuel pump electrical line. It will probably start and run for a short period of time, until the fuel in the line is consumed. You could also add a hidden switch in the transmission interlock switch line. But, depending how they hot wire to start the tractor, it could potentially still be started.

I'd need to see a wiring diagram of your 4-wheeler. What brand and model is it? I may be able to download a wiring diagram.

Not the 4 wheeler so much, Ken. Frankly, I'd be happy if it got stolen so I could buy a better one! I'm thinking about my tractor. Even though I keep all my vehicles in a locked building, I know a determined thief would make it in if he wanted. The tractor is most important thing to me to have disabled because if it's disabled, the other stuff isn't coming out of the building due to the space the tractor occupies.

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB