I definitely understand this thread...fishing and hunting are personal things for me and I take them 'seriously' - in that I respect both the pastime and the animal I am harvesting. As someone who owns both hunting ground and fishing ponds I struggle with this all the time. I hold myself and people that hunt/fish with me and/or on my property to a particular standard. If I don't think you are 'up to snuff' then you don't go. Kids excluded, at least initially. I'll work with kids on hookset, tackle condition, catch and release policies, etc. If it doesn't sink in due to lack of attention and/or concern then they will eventually find themselves uninvited just like an adult.

Now with that said I've found that there are many people that are perfectly willing to abide by rules set as long as the landowner informs them. Not everyone, but many.

I enjoy being able to provide my friends and family with recreation opportunities - as long as they are appreciative, don't take advantage and follow the rules.

Dale

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water." - anonymous