Originally Posted By: highflyer
Very cool, now I have to set my fyke net up that way so I can use it easily in all three ponds, grin

How heavy and or how deep is your anchor now?

I haven't done much with the anchor sizing. I can tell you 15lbs is too light. I believe a water spike or digging anchor would work real well. Or my guess 30lbs of raw weight. It's something I will look at.

Originally Posted By: kenc
MNFH, do you mind to post the diagram of your trap? I suspect you have detailed plans and a list of needed materials. I think you will go far in your field. Did the swivel hang the rope and made it necessary to put from the other bank? Excellent idea and craftsmanship!!

Ken, normally you would be right about detailed drawings but just sketches at this stage. I will post detailed drawings later this summer. If people can't wait (which I understand), look at the pics on this thread they should tell you everything you need.
1.5" ABS
ABS solvent
Black tie straps, (these hold the net to the frame)

Rope to the anchor worked well. Just not enough weight. I wanted to perfect the net and frame so I took the anchor out of the equation by roping to a tree across the opposite bank

Scott-
Originally Posted By: mnfish
Essup - net specifications

Mess size: 3/8"
Net total length: 7.5'
Lead Length: 20'
Front box dim: 2'x4'x1' rectangular section
Hoops: 2' dia

CJ -
Couldn't agree with you more! I believe this will be a game changer as far as my ponds are concerned. I can now establish a good baseline in my ponds with numbers, types, and size distributions along with culling trash fish from the total population. Then tailor management strategies based on accurate data. And nothing fires up an engineer like formulas and data collection. smile

Last edited by mnfish; 05/15/13 09:47 AM. Reason: sp