Hey everyone well here is the first post for this year nothing real exciting but non the less the first post.

First I thought I would take a couple of pics of the front and back yard. It is starting to shape up some and we are getting some grass! Won't be long and I am going to have to buy a small lawn mower of some sort.

Pond side

Back side

Now down to buisness smile

We first started out by making some real thin strap boards to help hold up our insulation on the ceiling so the weight of the insulation wouldn't tear out our staples.

During the week mom and dad put up the side wall insulation in the master bedroom and bathroom. Those are the 2 rooms we are working on this year for now. Here is a couple of the pics in the master bedroom.

Then dad and I started on the ceiling in the bathroom. We made a T bar out of a 2x4 and a 3 foot 2x2 about the same height as the ceiling to help support the insulation as we went along with the staple gun.

So one guy holds the T bar in place and slowly moves back with it and the other staples it worked pretty good.

Then of course at the end you can pull the T bar out and finish it off.

Then we took those thin strips of board we cut and made some supports until we can get the ceiling put up. Here in this pic you can also see the fan we put in the bathroom. It's a exhaust / heater / light fan. The heater part is nice on those cold mornings!

Then last we went and bought the surround tub and shower here in this picture we kind of just got it in place your actually looking at it throught the bedroom wall. We still have to do some plumbing and all for that down through the floor which will be doing pretty soon. I will be picking up a hot water tank this week to put in also.

Well that's it for this weekend. Not sure how long we will be working this year as my money is kind of tight after being in the hospital for 22 days but we will do what we can!

RC

Last edited by RC51; 05/13/13 12:45 PM.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!