My name is Gary Allard and I am a new member to the forum. I must say I love the site and have already learned so much from here, to all involved, keep up the excellent work!!!
I would like help on making improvements to a lake in Macon County Missouri. It is a private 20+ acre, natural spring fed body of water that is 31 feet at its deepest and has LMB, Crappie, HBG and Grass Carp. Here is the problem...the bass are over populated. the only cover the lake has are lilly pads and the club have put only hybrid blue gill in for the past 12 years or so. I have been trying to get more cover in when I can by way of evergreen trees and lake club approved artificial structure. I think I have the board members convinced that pure strain, not hybrid bluegill are better, but they also want to put in yellow perch. since it is a private lake and isn't fished enough to have an affect on the bass population, what else can I suggest to the board to do to help to get the fishery back on track and balanced???