WOW,I came to read up on waders and saw this.Catmandoo I'm happy you guys made it out safe and sound.You are absolutely correct about the training/knowledge aspect,I personally feel that this is almost as important as having the proper safety gear.In a incident like yours it can make all the difference between a scary story and a tragedy.

As for the trash pickup,I used to clean my pond and the state ground adjacent to it of the things people like to donate/dump twice a year.The neighboring campground used to send a helper or two also and our township transfer station used to let me dispose of it free.Well last year at the transfer station someone blew the whistle on the workers for them taking prohibited items and not charging me.To make a long story short,the township recently got a complaint about all the garbage(tires,couches etc)dumped in the nature preserve............The complaint was written by the same person who complained about me getting to get rid of trash for free,go figure.

Anyways,sorry for the off topic rant.I was just in the process of writing a letter when i took a break to read Pondboss and needed to vent.I'm happy your still with us Catmandoo and hopefully we all learn a little something and stay a little safer while doing the things we enjoy.