After realizing there's BCP in my pond cry I had everyone out at my place on Sunday for the folks' 55th wedding anniversary and "hooked" everyone up.

We caught about 50 of these, all the same size, on small crawlers, minnows and tube jigs, and they were caught wherever a line was tossed. We also caught a few of my LMB stockers from Sept but still no HSB (also stocked in Sept), and my buddy even pulled in one of the 4 lb LMB I've been seeking to remove. Although, it was full of eggs so it was released against my better judgement.

It was a bittersweet day as the kids were having a blast catching lots of fish including my Niece's first catch. At first she wouldn't reel one in but by the end of the day she was reeling them in, holding them, baiting the hook and reaching in the minnow bucket for more bait. A milestone day for my wonderful Niece! As far as my Grand Nephew, he was fearless!

Regarding the BCP, I'm at a loss. All signs pointed to a complete fish-kill last June and now I'm finding that I may be Crappie infested and not sure what to do. Some were even loaded with eggs.

I have 1500 BG arriving this weekend to be caged and fed until big enough to release for the LMB stockers from Sept.

Do I just keep culling the BCP in hopes to get rid of them? Or do I have to just accept the BCP are in there and deal with it? (due to cost, electroshocking is not an option)

Also, at feeding times are the Crappie eating the AM500 as well?

Help????

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES