Originally Posted By: esshup
UV resistance? Going to cover the liner with soil?

How hard to patch? 1 hole = leaking pond.

Going to want to add a pier in the future? With a liner it has to be a floating one.

Muck will build up in every pond. Without a center drain in a lined pond, how will you clean it out?

Is that price material only, or all materials needed and installation?

To attempt to answer some of these questions:

25 year warranty on a RPE liner against UV and general breakdown;
I don't know how hard it is to patch, but since it is meant to be seamed, it must not be too difficult to patch. The cost of the liner will be $18-$20K.

I'm guessing I would pump it out to drain it as I would have to do with my current situation.

Yes, that is the price of the materials only and there are no further materials needed.

My wharf is already in place and that would be a problem to work around as it is pretty large with about 8 metal poles cemented into the pond. I'm not sure how I would work around them.

I don't have the best soil, sort of a clay/sand mixture so I am trying to come up with a solution that is a long term one. Water is also at a premium in the Austin area. My pond doesn't leak so badly that a hole in the liner automatically means a draining pond. I think my problem is primarily in the dam, but the pond repair people will give no assurances that coring the dam will solve my problem and that is after quoting an $18K repair price.

I'm really stuck on how to go about this and there isn't much in the way of help in my area. Just finding a dozer operator who works on pond is very difficult.

Check out this site: http://www.everything-ponds.com/large-pond-liners.html

Last edited by Reverent Horn; 04/26/13 08:48 AM.