Ditto what others have said, don't "get rid of" the shiners. Use them for food for the predators that you stock. You probably have many $100 worth of shiners in there, put them to use growing your predators.

LMB will eat them, but LMB will be harder to manage down the road.

HSB will also eat them, and will also eat pellets. They will be easier to manage down the road. They fight harder than LMB too. I know of a pond that has both LMB, HSB, BG and RES in it. The BG are pushing a pound, LMB are pushing 3# and the HSB are around 4#. The pond is managed for large BG, and the owner has to spend more time at the pond now fishing out the larger LMB.

If it was my pond and had your problem, I would stock some 10"-12" HSB first, and if they aren't controlling the Shiners in a year, stock some single sex Female LMB next Spring when you can sex them. But, if it was my pond I wouldn't have stocked Crappie in the first place, so your goals and mine diverge.

What I'm trying to say is that we can give you recommendations on what to do, but it's much better to get a hands on recommendation from someone that is good at what they do.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).