I can about imagine how much you miss it!

Regarding fish, I have 1500 3-5" BG (biggest I could afford) coming around mid April which I will cage and feed until safe to release, I'm guessing at 6-8" or better. I'd just like to get at least one if not 2 spawns out of them this year so we'll see how the growth goes and when they're released. The bigger the better due to the predators. I'll also do EVERYTHING possible to get those 2 hogs out of there, 4+ lb LMB.

ALso, as the water warms and I start feeding again, I'm hopefull for the return of the feeding HSB that I stocked in Sept. That would be very encouraging!

On the leak in my pond, I'm letting the water level drop which is about 2" per week. If it stops I have likely found out where it's leaking and may try the bentonite route but I'm still researching my options and it will depend on the source of the leak.

Also, I will be cutting all wild brush and trees that have sprouted on the face of the damn over the years. Not sure what's growing but maybe I can post a pic for ID. To me they're weeds but some stalks are 1-2" in diameter. Other than that I'll be removing as many unwanted trees around the pond as I can as it's currently surrounded which brings a lot of leaves in the fall cry

I know your question was regarding the fish issue but there's my overall plan for spring cool.

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 03/28/13 11:30 AM.

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES