Robert, my condolences.

Speaking of furniture. Reba's previous owner kept her and the other dogs that he had in kennels outside. Shade, good conditions, he cleaned the kennels every day and they came out and had freedom in the back yard after he came home from work. His wife wouldn't let any dog in the house. Period.

Reba, before he got her as a IIRC 6 month old pup, was housebroke by the breeder, Julie Hogan. She went to school with Julie and was a house dog as a pup. When she went to field trials, with the previous owner, of course in the vehicle she was either in the dog trailer or the kennel. But, at the hotel she was up on the bed at night.

When I got her, she became a house dog again. The first night I remember her looking at me in the bed as if to say "can I come up?" Nope, you've got your own dog bed right there girl. She wouldn't get up on the furniture or the bed unless you called her up.

First trial I took her to, I no sooner opened the door to the the hotel room, opened her kennel door, and she bolted for the room, and immediately just about jumped from the threshold up onto the bed. No asking, no hesitation. She knew that if she was on the road, the bed was fair game. Remember I said she was smart? laugh She got no arguments from me. laugh

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).