Hey DMRS

A one acre pond is easy to drain down a way, add hydrated lime which is cheap, and kill off the remaining fishery. If your goals are to create a fishery your family can enjoy for years to come, strongly consider the option of draining and liming. Also, when you drain you have a chance to work on the pond some, like, adding some depth to avoid to help avoid another summer kill due to heat. Maybe it's as simple as getting a backhoe in there and making a few 15' holes.

I think your stocking numbers for a balanced pond [good LMB, good BG] are close.

I'd personally back off the LMB to 75, BG to 750, and add 200 RES. Think about a forage species in addition to your FHM which won't ever establish a sustained population. GSH are an option with upside and downside. Also don't forget native crayfish and potentially grass shrimp.

I agree with the others to avoid stocking BCP. If you must have them, catch them on their beds over the next few years and select single sex fish. Just my thoughts - can't wait to see your progress!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]