Hi JD,

Also a Nebraskan and I'm near Walton, I'm not going to be on Bullhead's favorite list either as I'm able to keep my pond full with a well too and my pond is also aerated (sorry Bullhead smile ).

I stocked 100 HSB (It's hard to beat the fight of a Wiper, but not the kind found in bathrooms, George smile ) last September through Rob that Bullhead mentioned and it amazed me how fast they grew in just a few months and I'm feeding AQ500. I stocked 100 LMB at the same time (all at 6-8" stockers) and the HSB far outpaced the growth of the LMB.

Although, you're way ahead of me on the forage issue which is another reason my LMB growth is slow. I didn't spend enough time researching and put the cart before the horse, stocking the HSB and LMB before the forage base was established. So I'm now needing to stock at least 1000 BG, and big enough that they won't just be a snack for the LMB and HSB that are in there now frown That's an expense I'm not looking forward to! Lessoned learned!

It seems our goals are similar for our ponds except I passed on the CC. Good luck and keep us posted!

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES