Hey all, thanks for all the good interaction here. I have never killed, but know a couple of people who have been needlessly killed for various reasons.

Here is my point,as we all know the world we live in today is different, in that there is at best less reverence for human life IMHO.

I do care for people in general, but, I do know that things can get out of hand quickly. That being said, I feel that most if not all here, have family that depends on us,and we have our own life to consider One may be called on to protect yourself or your loved one(s) at a moments notice. Like "Boy Scouts" be prepared, if a knife is required, have one and try to know how to use it. As well, it may require a better equalizer such as a hand gun and maybe one should have it open carry or conceal and carry, as needed and know how as best one can, how to use it. If those two items will not fit the scenario, one should have a long gun/rifle, close at hand, under the proper circumstances, ie. on the deck,tractor,or traversing one property or woods and know how to use it. Don't ignore the law,just know the law, IMHO.

To put it in perspective and hope no one thinks i am nutty,radical etc.,that is not really the case, all I ask my friends or family to do,is just call, or if it is an emergency come over and holler so I know someone needs help etc. I think that is fair. I say, although some, for some reason, do not like Game wardens, I am not one of those people. The Wardens have the strongest laws on their side and respect land owners. Wardens may not be a friend, but if they know you, they will help you. I am not saying the police or sheriffs would not help,but Game Wardens work under different laws. To put it another way, my Pastor is a sheriff, but I would call the Game Warden first.

All that said, IMHO, most of the time I am in a compromising situation on my place day to day,if I am not prepared for worse case scenarios. Of course the Wardens nor the police are there. I need to be prepared as best I can, so I do not have to think about it or worry about it, and I don't.The vast majority of the time I am prepared and never give it a thought. When I am not prepared, That is when I worry.

We are lucky in TX. in that we have rights as home and land owners.

If one is dead or worse laying in a hospital seriously wounded, by some nut, or trespasser etc., 2nd amendment rights don't mean much. If one is whole and has defended ones property or loved ones and that trespasser or nut has been removed from ones property,say a prayer for them and let God sort it out.

I do not want to offend anyone here and so I respect all opinions and views, but it would be best for those who wish to trespass or do harm on my property, know the rules and laws around where I live. Many of my neighbors feel about the same.

I wish the best for all Pond Bossers' and no harm for any of us or our families.

P.S. A 45APC with steel ball/hollow point every other shot, is a great tool. As well a 270,30.06, or even a full choke shot gun can all be pretty helpful, in a willing hand.

Last edited by mpc; 03/15/13 10:59 PM.

Life is more fun with a pole in your hand.