Not sure. Its a long story , guy comes by the house says he is with seaway pipeline. Wants to know about crossing my land , just cutting accross the corner. I told him really wasn't interested I was planning on retireing out ther and he could just go around my place as he is just cutting accross the corner. First he ask your not even going to let me survey? I said don't see any reason as I don't want the pipe line. He answered , well you know by Oklahoma law I don't need your permission to survey. I answer well I tell you what old buddy I catch you out there you will need the Oklahoma law. He finishes up by telling me his boss will probably want to talk to me. I said no problem I gave him my cell, home phone , wifes phone. Don't hear anything I figure its a done deal they are going around. Next thing I know I am being sued he also says I threatened him. I don't think I did , I am a friendly guy I had also told him I owned two other pieces of land and wouldn't have a problem with a pipe line on those places. They have tried scare tactics suing me for there lawyer fees etc. When I hired a lawyer they left cards on my door with lets talk. Yea right. I know I probably won't win but We are going to court. Sorry about the rant guys but I am in the field and |I can't tell you how many mad landowners I have delt with. If you own mineral rights you can get rich if they hit a well. I would probably sell water if I had a big pond. But just put up a sign witha open to the public on it. Same thing.
Dale