PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS NASTY, POLITICAL, ETC.

I have an old JC Higgins .22 auto that started to have jamming/ejection problems a few years ago. I got it as a gift in October 1961. The jams/ejection problems only happen with certain bullet brands.

I have the original manuals. I took the old rifle completely apart and totally cleaned and lubricated it yesterday, but didn't get a chance to shoot it before bedtime last night.

I had to take my wife to a metro airport this morning. I have been gone from home since 5:00 AM this morning. -- and still not home due to a few stops.

I stopped for breakfast near a sporting goods store in the city ((UGH!). The sporting goods "return" shelf had a Nikon BDC-150 scope for about the price of a piece of Jerky. No packaging, no book, but it looked complete, including the mount and lens caps. A check on my cell phone said it should fit most .22s, and usually sold for about several tanks of gasoline in my truck.

But, the real reason for this post -- since I fully cleaned and lubricated my old gun, and found what appears to be a good scope, I wanted some good shells to "sight it in."

So, after breakfast, and after getting my bargain scope, I wanted to get a couple of 50-count boxes of .22 LR shells.

WRONG!!

I went to eight different stores! All were sold out. This is just plain crazy!

I'm sure glad I have my 1200 fps .177 pellet gun, with scope, to keep the critters under some control!

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!