SP, agreeing with bgk on fixing the problem first, there are many good qualified folks here that will chime in regarding your stocking plan and maybe a few newbies like me that can share in what NOT to do smile

After my fish-kill in June I didn't spend enough time here researching and ended up stocking predators long before the forage base was established. After stocking around 100 4-8" BG in my 2 acre pond (and no time to allow a spawn) I stocked 100 LMB and 100 HSB, then a few months later added about 200 more 1-3" BG, which likely just fed the LMB and HSB.

So if there's one thing about stocking I've learned is be sure and establish your forage base first (as well as adequate structure). I'm now hoping my LMB and HSB haven't grown too much by spring that I can still get enough adult BG stocked to get that forage base somewhat established. Otherwise I can see myself constantly chasing my tail, trying to get ahead.

Again I'm sure others will chime as I'm far from knowledgable but the 500 CC sounds awful heavy for reasons of predation, being hook-shy and really stirring up the water.

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES