Originally Posted By: JKB

This guy even called us up to bail him out of jail. crazy laugh
Q: Can you bail me out?, I have to finish your roof yet!

A: Were putting the ridge vent in right now, Click! grin

Been there. Done that.

We built a new home about 25 years ago. We contracted to install over-sized commercial gutters and downspouts on the new house (I hate cleaning leaves out of gutters). The gutter guy got about 80% done. He got the gutters installed. He installed about 2/3's of the downspouts.

He just disappeared, and I couldn't track him down. Before we started, I paid him 50% of the estimated job to get supplies.

So, we were without about 5-6 downspouts. None of the installed downspouts had elbows at the bottom. The 4-inch corrugated pipe heading to a settlement pond was never installed.

I finished the job myself.

About five years later, this dude appears at our door to get paid the remainder of what he was supposed to receive upon completion of the job! He threatened us with a lien against our property, along with a few other threats.

Lynda called the Sheriff's office while I was talking to him. The sheriff's office told her that this dude had been incarcerated for the past five years. They said they were sending a deputy to our property.

The dude left before they got there. We never saw him again.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!