I've got a bunch of planned outdoor springtime garden projects that will require using lot of 6 - 12 penny framing nails.

I've gotten lazy in my retirement years, and would rather not use a hammer for these projects if I didn't have to.

I can't drag my big compressor to the work, and the work needs to be built in place, so I can't bring it to the big compressor.

I've got a great little lightweight 120 VAC 1/3-HP 3-gallon "pancake" compressor that I can run from an extension cord, a small generator, or from the DC-to-AC inverter I use with my truck or tractor. I drag this little compress all over the place, and love it for light nailing, cleaning dust out of stuff, and filling my portable airtanks, which I seem to always be using on my trailers, mowers, UTV, tractor, etc. before I can use them.

The little compressor shuts off at 100 PSI. It is rated at 0.65 cfm @ 90 PSI. I regularly use it with a brad/stapler and a finish nailer without any issues.

I'm looking at getting a framing nailer, like a DeWalt 8.2 lb., or Hitach 7.5 lb. to use with it . I've downloaded and read the manuals for both nailers, and I still can't figure out if either might work.

Will such a little compressor work? Remember, I'm half-fast, so I'm not going to be putting out nails like I'm shooting a fully automatic assault weapon. If I can sink 3-4 nails quickly, and then have several minutes until I'm ready to nail the next 3-4 nails, will it work?

Any ideas? Any experience with this?

Thanks,
Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!