Bob -- after all these posts, especially George's, I'm thinking I sure am happy right where I am.

We regularly catch 10-11 inch bluegill, with occasional 12 inchers out of our pond. We catch channel cats to 38 inches out of that same pond. Most winters, our pond is stocked with golden trout that are fun to watch when feeding, fun to catch, and really good when smoked. Our friends and relatives absolutely love coming here for relaxation, catching a few fish, and eating the catch.

Within miles of me, I've got some of the best smallmouth fishing anywhere in North America. I've got the Cacapon River two miles away. I've got the upper Potomac and Shenandoah 25 miles on either side of me. I've got lots of trout streams within 10 miles of me. We are sandwiched between the beautiful Blueridge Mountains and the Potomac Highlands. We have four wonderful seasons, where it doesn't get too cold, nor too hot.

A little over an hour away I get to enjoy Sunil's pond with great Pond Boss friends. It is the most awesome fishery I've ever fished -- seriously obese smallmouth, fat largemouth, gigantic yellow perch, agressive large bluegill, feisty hybrid striped bass, brown bullheads that defy statistics, and even pretty snapping turtles that bring big surprises to lowly outhouses.

We've got lots of Pond Bossers within 75 miles of us.

Why would I want to go anywhere else? I love it here.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!