Mark, Just this morning I came across this discussion on Pond Boss. ESS-13 has been around since 1958 and it has worked in a waterborne application to seal ponds since then. That being said, not all ponds are right for an ESS-13 treatment. We want to be involved with each pond to make sure that each one is right for treatment. Specifically, if a pond has a hole where the water is 'flowing' out (through a rock formation, etc.) then we do not recommend a waterborne application. Rather, in these cases we recommend a dry application where the ESS-13 is mixed with the soil and compacted.

For those that have had small ponds where this is not econimical, they have brought in clay or a lot of bentonite and compacted it knowing that a waterborne application may be an option for them down the road. The bottom line is that we would rather walk away from a project (and we have, as evidenced by other pond boss discussions) than have a failure.

We also have a limited warranty with each project just in case there are some factors that the pond owner is not aware of before treatment. We will happily answer all questions about what ESS-13 can do for you at 1-800-214-9640. If you would like to speak to me directly, my extension is 21.
I look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Thank you,

Shawn