Agreed. I think the elderly, as well as those with compromised immune systems, are at a much higher risk and should have the shot.

I've spent my entire life in the great outdoors. Hunting, fishing, trapping, cutting firewood, harvesting mushrooms and ginseng. All four seasons, every conceivable type of weather, every chance I get, I'm in the woods. I have yet to contract my first case of poison ivy. My 72 year old father, (who by the way got his flu shot! :D), has never had poison ivy.

My wife on the other hand, is not so fortunate. Handling my clothes will cause her to break out....found that out early on in our marriage.

Poison ivy has nothing to do with the flu, but I use this as an example of folks having varying degrees of resistance to something. Maybe I've never had poison ivy because I BELIEVE I'm immune....fine by me, whatever works...I believe in the power of faith, including instances outside of theology. The placebo effect is well documented in science, and I'm not willing to discount the power of having faith just yet. Maybe I've never gotten the flu simply because I don't believe I will?

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.