I too have had shots hit brush that I did not initally see, but it is the exception not the rule. The guys said that they took one muzzleloader shot at the doe they wounded and we tracked through my property a couple days ago. I talked to my retired neighbor late this morning and he said that there were three shots in a row from these guys at that time, not one (he was checking traps just east of where they hunt). I should have had a clue when they carried a rifle (looked like a .357) in case they jumped the doe. They are not hunting on my land, so they can hunt as they please, but I will not risk rousting deer to track deer on my place in the future. The sad thing is that they are training a 13-year old to hunt the same way. The deer that they shot at today was standing 20 yards from me for 5 minutes but there was some brush in the way, so I did not shoot and it finally detected me standing on the ground and ran into the place that they hunt. I do not enjoy tracking a poorly shot deer, and no will go hungry if I do not shoot a deer. I feel really good this year; 5 shots (2 bow, 2 .44, and 1 muzzleloader) and 5 deer in the freezer. Three of these were heart shots (1 at 70 yards with the muzzleloader - luck), and the other 2 were double lung. This is my best markmanship for a deer season, and although I never saw a trophy buck, it was a satisfying season.

Last edited by RAH; 01/01/13 04:43 PM.