Dave, I figured that would be your response. I am now a "has been" when it comes to short guns. But, I'm not a "never was". I once spent 6 months learning to only move the tip of my finger on the trigger using a 1911 .45 caliber. Then I mastered it and quit. With some arthritis in my fingers and everywhere else, I doubt that I could pick it up again.

Those were the days when I thought that a pistol would be a good self defense tool. Then I started reading Louis L'Amour(as you have) and he mentioned several times about pistoleros changing their minds when they looked into the "big eye" of a shotgun.

Now, you would be safe as long as you didn't jump around and try to take evasive action. Then you might get hurt. If you stood still, you probably wouldn't need life or medical insurance.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP