Welcome to mini-pondville, Bobby. You can absolutely have a pond smaller than 1/4 acre and put fish into a pond this size as well. We are having fun with ours - landscaping, feeding our fish every day, walking around it, swimming hole for neices and nephews, watching frogs, and on and on. I see you have been registered since 2010 so you probably know much of this, but if not here are a couple of things:

Subscribe to PondBoss. It is full of great information and helps to fund this forum, where you will find great advice and even better friends.

Figure out your goals first, and then many of the answers and advice will filter in. Do you want to swim in it, fish it, both or neither. Post your goals here along with an idea of what you have done so far. I am told that a small pond will struggle to grow monster fish, but I may try to challenge that theory once I get more of the fun landscaping done. What type of soil do you have? What does the terrain look like? Pictures and topos are good.

Here is our puddle - a little bigger than 80' x 60'. I am not sure I would call it neat, but it is ours.