Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
No bother - we are here to help with information if we have the information to provide. Sometimes there is no good reliable information about how to do some 'out of the box' ideas and some new endeavers or plans. Everyone here basically provides opinions.
So the WE fertilized eggs were held 'suspended' to not develop or the eggs were held then fertilized later?

These will be 2013 hatch and will be 2" the first week of July.(what the gal told me) That's when they start selling them. I know it is a big risk, but something I wanted to try. This farm supplies the vast majority of WE in MI. I don't think it would be a good idea to wait till they are larger in the fall. I've talked to a few people and am going to try something similar to a hatchery in Canada. I have a lot of work to do before then. Minimum order was way more than I want, but that's what I have to deal with. Ever have something bugging ya that ya just have to try, even tho it might not work?

Looks like they shut their website down for the season.

Bill- They have both Lake Michigan and Superior/Huron strains. I am not finding any info that differentiates one from the other as far as one being more suitable. Any thoughts, or not really an issue?

Bruce's thread got hijacked pretty bad blush

I'll start a new thread on this subject at a later date.

Last edited by JKB; 11/18/12 04:21 AM.