Well not sure now what to say. The fish farm is now saying that the bluegill above are a mut or hybrid. Stock from Arkansaw and stock from the east cost. He stated that I will be getting more of these from him in the future as the perch will eat them all up much faster than they can re populate. There was only enough old enough to spawn so the ratio of perch to bluegill is more like 4-1 for the age and size of the fish.

Even though we stocked 400 perch and 200 of the above bluegill hybrid pumpkin seed the sizes and population will be about 4-1.

He assures me that with a three quarter acre BOW I have nothing to worry about with over population. He has added these bluegill to all his ponds and manages them for food for the perch he raises. He states he has never had to worry with his pellet trained perch that these bluegill with take over the pond.

Soooo... I guess we keep an eye on the population of these two fish for the next few years and keep good notes with fish trapping with the kids and if I run into any problems from what I have read we have a few bullets in the chamber we can try.

In the spring we will get this dock built and fish trap built add more minnows again maybe even twice more in the spring. Look at an aeration system and enjoy the warm nights on the dock with the family.

Cheers Don.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.