Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
If you don't punch a well doesn't mean you can't add some depth and remove the silt and hope for more seasonal precipitation. Long range forecasts say we should return to normal patterns over the next three years...if you believe in that stuff. I'm hopeful, anyway.

Remember, adding depth buys you a few more months during a drought...food for thought. Please keep us in the loop regarding your plans. I know some Nebraska well drillers...depending on how far South you are, I may be able to help you. I'm sure willing to in any manner I can...just holler!

Thanks so much teehjaeh57! I know I should be more knowledgeable about ponds, having owned one now for 25 years, but my pond has remained full or partially full until this drought came along, so I never considered a well. I must say folks like yourself here on PB have offered a great deal of information on overall pond construction & management.

I've enlisted a driller's help from a nearby city. He's supposed to stop by & take a look soon. I also have a dirt guy coming to look at possibly recoring my dam that has weeped since the pond was built & digging it out some also. Only leaks when the pond is completely full. Obviously it will need to be fixed before drilling a well......