Originally Posted By: mnfish
Glad to hear you had a good trip but to be honest very jealous Lassig. My partner and I had to cancel our annual trip to Sask for business obligations. Man do I miss the prairies of canada. We camp/hunt out of the Foam Lake area and Canora area. Were the birds coming down when you were there?

The one thing I didn't miss was the price of diesel for our trip smile

More Geese than we have ever seen. Numbers seamed to stay the same all week, so not really sure if more came down during the week or not. We hunted the Lake Lenore area and stay in an apartment above a pole barn. Nice accommodations, full kitchen, 3 big bedrooms, and full bath. Diesel was the same as gas between $1.26 and $1.29 a liter. I had to full three times in Canada with all the scouting we had to do. More geese than usual but moving in very large groups. They would come off the roost by the thousands at a time and then all sit down in one field. On two occasions we hunted fields in the morning after seeing 10000+ geese (maybe more like 20000) in the field the night before. Shot 51 and 38 snows the next day. Typically we would shoot near limits (100 snow geese) on setups like that. Seam to be smarter geese this year and less ross geese. Of course the ross are a riot to watch working the decoys.