Continued.....

Originally Posted By: ewest

Doing reworks is always a challenge requiring mgt based on as much info as possible.

I like challenges, but it does get the head spinning with all the different things to consider. smile sick confused

Adult BG early spring

I can get 4-6" BG in the spring, but that seems small for adults? I am tossing around the idea of building a cage, buying BG 2-4" to grow out to ?inches . The cage would also let me go after the unwanted sunfish with heavy predatation. But, I still am up in the air on this. If I did do this I could catch a larger LMB and put it in to go after some of the unwanted sunfish that made it thru this winter and got larger. But,it probably would eat my RE too. Sounds like trouble to me. Probably need to just fish it hard to catch the current spawners and any that escape the predators this winter. And possibly set up a trap...

Long term that is to many predators (LMB & CC) - harvest will be critical.

I am striving for a hungry predator to go after unwanted sunfish. Then transition to a good BG pond. I thought that I want it to be LMB heavy (and CC should help this too ?). Since the CC would take to pellets before LMB, I thought they would do this rather than starve, leaving the LMB to still go after the sunfish and possible CC spawns.

My head is spinning now. Time to take a break...........Thanks for listening to my ramblings.