Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Originally Posted By: Jwwann
I need to haul fish about 3 and half hours in spring. Wanted to get 25 HSB and 100 YP fingerlings. Will they need aeration in this 300 gallon tank. If so, has anybody hauled fish in one of these? Thanks.

How big are the hybred striped bass? If they are also fingerlings your above tank would be overkill and probably not worth the trouble, danger, and extra fuel expense pulling a trailer.

If they are fingerlings and you chill the water down and use a good size cooler with a small 12 volt livewell bilge pump you would be fine even for 3 1/2 hours. Catmandoo has a great little tank where he made added some PVC with holes in it to aerate the water. Not sure where the post is. Ken?

Here's one I made thanks to his idea:

Another option is to get you a oxygen bag hose and air nozzle filler and rent a small pony oxygen tank at a welding supply store. Pick the fish up in oxygen bags and at the half way mark push out the oxygen and refill with fresh oxygen.

I picked up smallmouth bass this way in New York and transported them 8 hours back to Indiana with no problems.

I think I will try one of these. Would be a lot easier hauling.

If you ain't gonna fart, why eat the beans?
RES,HBG,YP,HSB,SMB,CC,and FHM. .seasonal trout.