Originally Posted By: liquidsquid
Cecil, it goes to show that a heron can be pretty smart, and a college prof can be pretty damned dumb.

I always hated getting a low-end professor to make me angry about the money I was spending. Of course some hated me right back since I would argue tooth and nail with them, and not just take what they taught as gospel. I would even stay after class and argue more.

I cannot imagine a heron or two doing any real damage to a fishery. Had two greens in my pond yesterday getting miffed at the lack of anything substantial. Nothing but FHM right now.

I'm not sure what you mean by a college prof being dumb. I must have missed something in the thread. I can assure I am not the brightest bulb in the room so I'm not going there LOL. In fact, I have one of those two year junior college degrees the four year and beyond like to make fun of. blush

That said, you are aware what i was talking about using to keep them out of the pond? The staked lines?

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.