Even in western NY we have "issues" which is rare. My new pond is down 12" now, even though we have has 1/2 inch of rain here and there. It is never enough to get any runoff to keep things up. It has also been quite hot for us, but nothing like the midwest.

Meanwhile I am looking at a spring or seepage on the side of the dam increasing in rate and trying to decide what to do about it. I have to test the water to see if it matches what is in the basin.

However we are supposed to get an MCS tonight which is probably going to pass supper-close to us. If it hits us, it may be a 1-2" rain. If not... nothing. I am expecting the latter as this has been the norm: watching the rain barely miss us to the south.

We are all praying for rain for our country's farmers and those in the midwest. I continually worry about the lack of ice up north as this used to be the source of cold air to wring moisture out of the air in the summers. A good tropical storm is needed to break the back of this dang drought.