This is exactly what I see happening in the whitetail world as well!! I love whitetail management almost as much as fish. I typed almost, this is POND BOSS after all. laugh

I believe this has to be stopped or we will lose all new recruitmnet into the outdoor sports and more importantly, future stewards of the land.

I have talked to lots of kids after hearing they harvested their first whitetail. I remember mine like it was yesterday, 27 years ago. I got 10 yards away from a deer and shot it with a recurve. Heck at 20yds anyone could have caught my arrows they traveled so slow. I truely belive, that experience propelled me into everything outdoors. Farming, fishing,hunting and trapping as a kid is the key first step to becoming a great steward of the land and all the animals that God has provided, IMHO.

And more and more here is what I hear...."It was fun but it was only a 4 pointer, I probably should have waited for a bigger one but I got excited and shot him." Isn't that the whole point...for a kid to be excited!!!!! Excitement and experiencing pride that comes along with self-relience, thats how we get youth back into the outdoor sports and ultimately stewards of the land. Not 140" of antlers.

Holy Cow...Now I'm fired up!