essup,the last thing the state told us was "get a lawyer" so we did and we do have the basis for a civil suit. RAH, we did send the demand letter asking them to stop and all they said was "the state and county have been out here and found nothing" where in reality the state and county said that they had no jurisdiction on private lands/waters for this matter. Bottom line: We are up to $6,000 in fees for just sending a demand letter. The law firm can't even give an estimate for going to court (how can they?) and I have a son starting college in the fall. The thought did occur to me to build a berm--which would be cheaper than the demand letter!--and which would probably bring us into court as a defendant and still having to hire an attorney. The problem is so obvious, the solution so simple. I'm trying to make sure that I've covered every possible solution and knew you guys were the experts; I really appreciate your input. As a final comment, I have really enjoyed learning to farm with water--I think that I'll hang out here more often! Thanks a million, Michael

Attached Images
16225CC.jpg 16225PondShrimp.jpg
Last edited by CypressTx; 07/07/12 12:24 PM.