Hey Bossone,

Maybe we can get some more experts in on this post. I am not sure how to lower your PH I know how to raise it with AG lime but lower it. I am not sure what to do for that. Maybe someone else can chime in and answer that one. Above 8.5?? Wow I would say that's getting to high for BG and LMB. I may be wrong but that seems high to me. Lets see what anyone else says. Getting D.O. into your pond?? I know in an emergencey guys will use trolling motors off their doc and run them to get the water moving. Small outboard motor if you have one? It's all about getting that water moving and getting some of that deeper water to the surface to get some oxygen. PH can be all over the place that's why I said for your to get more than 1 reading. Testing for D.O. is a bit harder unless you have a fancey D.O. test kit. In your situation it could be both or it could be 1 or the other causing your problem. Your PH being over 8.5 concerns me. Do you have any plants in the water to produce D.O. during the day?? I know your chomping at the bit to do something but lets wait and see if we can get one of the big dogs in on this and see what they have to say first. I don't want to steer you the wrong way and make things worse.

Last edited by RC51; 06/14/12 04:14 PM.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!